Puppet Hub

A global network for professionals, amateurs, and people who just like puppets.

The Great Lakes Puppeteers Potlatch is a yearly puppetry festival that takes place at The Potawatomi Inn at Pokagon State Park In Angola Indiana the first full weekend of November every year.  This years dates are November 5,6,7, 2010. This event is a Potluck of puppetry featuring shows, workshops, the puppet trading post, kooky games, a scotch auction on some years, a pot pourie and a chance to meet with puppeteers from all over the Great Lakes Region. Because the performances and workshops are donated we are able to keep costs down. Advance registration fee is only $40.00 for Great Lakes Guild members, or P of A members. $50.00 for non members.  You can also register at the door but we charge $50.00 . The registration fee includes theSuday  morning Punch Brunch all other meals are on your own. The Inn has a really nice dinnig room, but other food options ranging from Subway, on up are available nearby.The rooms at the Inn range from $81 to $119 tax included. The Inn does require a one night deposit. Other slightly less expensive lodging options are also avaiIable nearby. The Potlatch is a slightly less pressure situation than a regular regional festival, and is a little more laid back. There are losts of activities at the Inn plus a really nice indoor pool so we encourage non puppeteer family members to attend as well. I will be posting registration forms within the week. If you have any questions just let me know. We usually have about 125 people attend. You don't have to be a member of The Great Lakes Region to attend ,we have had people from all over the country and as far away as South Africa attend. Waring you may be required to wear a funny puppet hat when attending the Potlatch , but NO PRESSURE.

PS people ussually start to gather from noon on at the Inn on Friday

Views: 132

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Can't wait. This is one of my favorite things to do all year. Besides all the cool puppet stuff going on, the Inn is located in one the most beautiful parks around. So during some down time, stroll the grounds and take in the wonderful Autum scenery that Northern Indiana has to offer.
You forgot that it's the "family reunion" that we all look forward too.
There's also the beautiful state park that it's in the middle of: hiking, canoeing, site seeing, horseback riding, biking...beautiful sunsets over the water...AND JUST PLAIN FUN! Other than that, it's the weekend.
Hope to see you there....Tih
I am going to this one. Let me know if you need any help with anything, and if you'd like Vixie to help host the potpourri, since we weren't able to make the regional. Do rooms sell out fast, or can we wait a bit to reserve one?
Each Guild has a specific Duty the Puppetry Guild of Northeast Ohio is in charge of Pot Pourie. the first time you go you shoudld perform on Pot Pourie, but each Guild has their own way of doing things , so the first visit you might geta feel for how things are done and them when it is Chicago, ot Cetral Illinois turn to do Pot Pourie you could host.

Vixie said:
I am going to this one. Let me know if you need any help with anything, and if you'd like Vixie to help host the potpourri, since we weren't able to make the regional. Do rooms sell out fast, or can we wait a bit to reserve one?
Here is the PDF of The hotel Registration Form for Potlatch. The Deadline for Hotel Reservations is October 5, 2010, but don't wait until the last minute!
Attachments:
Thanks for the info, I will try and work out an act for it.

David C. Herzog said:
Each Guild has a specific Duty the Puppetry Guild of Northeast Ohio is in charge of Pot Pourie. the first time you go you shoudld perform on Pot Pourie, but each Guild has their own way of doing things , so the first visit you might geta feel for how things are done and them when it is Chicago, ot Cetral Illinois turn to do Pot Pourie you could host.

Vixie said:
well November is quite a ways away, so i don't know what I'll be doing for work at that time, but I'll be sure to do my best to make sure I can attend this! I had lots of fun at the Great Lakes Conference, I know this event will be great too!
Great times. love the place, the people, the puppets. great stuff. Looking forward to it. We have to make sure the Hotel has plenty of snickers on hand. I'll be bring Fred again.
Thanks for the info, I'm goning to do my best to get there this year!
Sounds like a great time. I wish we could make it out there...
Ah, as I always say, "the family reunion we can't wait to get to each November". Come, kibbitz, nosh, schmooze, enjoy, spend a little money, laugh (from the belly/heart)...it couldn't hoit...
Hope to see you there...Tih

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2014   Created by Puppet Hub Admin.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service